- WINE Champagne, always. Red and white, of course, but also blush for guests who prefer something a little lighter and sweeter.
- BEER Offer a choice of domestic and imported (six of each is good to have on hand).
LIQUOR Bourbon, Scotch, gin, vodka, rum, tequila, vermouth, and Cointreau or triple sec.
- MIXERS Club soda, ginger ale, cola, sparkling and tonic waters, and two or three juices (grapefruit, orange, and cranberry are good).
- GLASSES Champagne flutes, simple all-purpose wine glasses, Pilsners or glass mugs for beer, highballs and double old-fashioned glasses for mixed drinks -- and, of course, classic martini glasses.
- ACCESSORIES Corkscrew, bottle opener, cocktail shaker, ice bucket, decanters for liquor or wine, cocktail napkins, jigger, paring knife (for citrus twists), and a small cutting board.